What is Diolaze XL Hair Removal?
Diolaze XL uses a focused laser to target hair follicles with heat and stop them growing hairs. It has a wide cooling plate to keep the skin cool and make the process more comfortable than other laser hair removal treatments. The machine has various ways it can be applied which Dr Strawford can use depending on which he deems the most appropriate for your needs.
The Diolaze XL can be used on all parts of the body and can remove even stubborn hair. Like all laser hair removal systems, it takes a number of treatments to totally remove hair and the number will depend on the type of hair you have, the colour and your skin tone.
Dr Strawford and the Skin Excellence Clinics team would be glad to speak to discuss if this is a suitable treatment for you.
Pre Treatment Care
- Avoid any type of tanning 4-6 weeks prior to any treatment
- Avoid irritant topical agents 2 – 3 days before treatment
- Shave treatment area 1 – 2 days prior to treatment
- All skin types eligible, this will be discussed during consultation and a patch test is required.
Post Treatment Care
- Sun block to be used for 2 weeks post treatment
- Expect peri follicular erythema (redness around the hair follicle) and oedema (swelling)
- Stay out of direct sun light for 2 weeks post treatment
- Mosituriser and make up can be applied after each treatment
What happens during the treatment?
The treatment area is cleaned before a water based gel is applied. Then Dr Strawford uses the Diolaze XL machine to first cool the skin and then he chooses a method to use and begins treatment. The laser pulses quickly and you may feel some heat and mild discomfort. Dr Strawford passes the machine across the treatment area a number of times to ensure it all gets treated.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatment time will vary depending on which area is being treated but generally the treatment is quite quick.
Is the treatment painful?
Discomfort is minimised because of the cooling system but it may feel a little warm but not too painful.
How many treatments will I need?
You should see hair reducing after each session but most people require 4 to 6 sessions to achieve the results they want. Monthly session are required due to the hair growth cycle.
How long does the treatment last?
Hair removed by Diolaze XL doesn’t grow back.
Are there any side effects?
There are no side effects.
How do I know if Diolaze XL is right for me?
Book a consultation with Dr Strawford at one of our Skin Excellence Clinics and he will talk through your situation and let you know if he believes Diolaze XL is the right treatment to permanently remove your body hair.
How much do Lumecca treatments cost?
Prices start from £45 for a single treatment – courses are recommended
Diolaze XL Treatment Video
Diolaze XL Hair Removal
Upper Lip, Chin, Uni Brow, Cheek and side burns
Under Arms, Bikini sides, Breast, hands including fingers, feet including toes
Half Face, Forehead, Hairline, Lower Stomach Line, Chin extension, extended
bikini, neck, back of neck, inner thigh, inner buttocks.
Upper arms, lower arms, full face, full beard, glutes, upper chest, stomach,
brazillian uncluding inner buttocks, shoulders, lower back, upper back.
Full arm, half leg, boyzilian
Full chest and stomach, full back and full leg
No. of treatmentsBetween 4 and 6
Procedure timeVaries depending on the area being treated
Back to normalImmediately
Final ResultsImmediately after all treatments are completed. Most patients immediately notice a significant reduction in hair growth and after completing the recommended course eventually smooth and hair free skin.
Duration of resultsIndefinate
DISCLAIMER: We are all unique. This means that treatment plans, the results, down time and recovery following treatment will vary from patient to patient. The information we provide is based on the extensive experience we have gained from treating a wide variety of patients, both men and women of different ages and is based on an average treatment experience. For more accurate information about how the treatment experience would be for you, we suggest you make a CONSULTATION with Dr Strawford at one of our clinics.
Why choose Skin Excellence Clinics
What makes Skin Excellence Clinics so special and why should you choose to have your medical cosmetic treatment with us?
- The guiding principle of Skin Excellence Clinics has always been to deliver exceptional patient care: this was the focus in 2005 when Dr Strawford started in the field of medical aesthetics and has remained the ethos we have followed for the past 11 years.
- Dr Ian Strawford, founder of Skin Excellence Clinics will help you to find the right solution: but only if appropriate for your needs and expectations
- You will receive a free medical consultation, where you will be given plenty of time and space to consider all of your options, before deciding if treatment may be right for you.
- We source the best products through official UK Pharmacies: we do not risk the safety of our patients, the quality of our service or the results of your treatments.
- Whilst many people naturally assume that cosmetic treatments are all about beautification: we can help to reduce the psychological and emotional effects of scarring, acne, rosacea, excessive sweating, hair loss and skin lesions.