After Dr Strawford has talked you through your individualised treatment plan, he uses the Votiva machine with either the Forma V or Fractora V handheld devices to deliver heat to both internal and external vaginal tissue. This has a tightening effect and improves the skin’s tone.
The Forma V attachment applies heat to surface tissues which is an effective treatment for vaginal laxity and labial hypertrophy. Whereas, the Fractora V device uses waves which penetrate deeper into the skin and improve it through a resurfacing process and increases the elastin and collagen in the skin.
Most women who have given birth or have post-menopausal symptoms or vaginal dryness notice improvements immediately after treatment but the improvements continue over time and Dr Strawford will determine whether you need further treatments to achieve your desired results.
Who can have Votiva treatment?
Patients who benefit from Votiva treatment are typically those who have given birth and are suffering from laxity of the vagina and a loosening of the vaginal canal, post-menopausal women who are unhappy with the appearance of their labia and vulva, are suffering discomfort of lack of sensation during sex or have noticed a weakness of the vaginal muscles or any woman who is experiencing vaginal dryness.
Is the treatment painful?
Some patients experience discomfort during the treatment and immediately after but this passes quickly and some patients experience no discomfort at all.
How many sessions will I need?
Every patient is different and the number of sessions you will require will depend on your current symptoms and what result you would like to achieve. Dr Strawford will talk through all this with you and perform an examination so he can make a personally tailored recommendation.
How long is the recovery time?
There is no down time with this treatment and any discomfort passes quickly.
How long does the treatment take?
This will depend on your requirements but treatments shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes.
How long do the effects last?
This varies from patient to patient but we would recommend repeat treatments once a year to maintain the effects.
Testimonial – Votiva Vaginal Rejuvenation
Votiva Vaginal Rejuvenation.
(no consultation fee required)
No. of treatments1-3
Procedure time45 minutes
Back to normalSame day
Final ResultsAfter 3 months
Duration of results1-2 years
DISCLAIMER: We are all unique. This means that treatment plans, the results, down time and recovery following treatment will vary from patient to patient. The information we provide is based on the extensive experience we have gained from treating a wide variety of patients of different ages and is based on an average treatment experience. For more accurate information about how the treatment experience would be for you, we suggest you make a CONSULTATION with Dr Strawford at one of our clinics.
Why choose Skin Excellence Clinics
What makes Skin Excellence Clinics so special and why should you choose to have your medical cosmetic treatment with us?
- The guiding principle of Skin Excellence Clinics has always been to deliver exceptional patient care: this was the focus in 2005 when Dr Strawford started in the field of medical aesthetics and has remained the ethos we have followed for the past 11 years.
- Dr Ian Strawford, founder of Skin Excellence Clinics will help you to find the right solution: but only if appropriate for your needs and expectations
- You will receive a free medical consultation, where you will be given plenty of time and space to consider all of your options, before deciding if treatment may be right for you.
- We source the best products through official UK Pharmacies: we do not risk the safety of our patients, the quality of our service or the results of your treatments.
- Whilst many people naturally assume that cosmetic treatments are all about beautification: we can help to reduce the psychological and emotional effects of scarring, acne, rosacea, excessive sweating, hair loss and skin lesions.
Book your Consultation
To book an appointment simply
Call us on 0800 2982391 or
Complete our enquiry form by clicking the button below