How does the P-Shot® work
In PRP therapy, a small sample of your blood is placed into a centrifuge, to isolate the platelets containing growth factors from the plasma (the liquid part of the blood).
The growth factors in the platelets are essential for healing injuries. They initiate production of collagen and other matrix components by stimulating the activation of fibroblasts, which are credited with activating, repairing or regenerating cells in the body.
Re-injecting the platelet-rich plasma into your penis encourages stem cells to multiply and to increase blood flow, helping repair and rejuvenate skin tissue in the treated area.
Am I suitable for this treatment?
If you suffer from erectile dysfunction, want to enhance your sexual performance, or would simply like to improve the firmness, appearance and function of your penis, then the P-Shot could be a suitable treatment for you.
As with all our procedures, we will need to have a full consultation with you, to make sure that we provide the treatment plan best suited to you as an individual.
What happens during the treatment?
At the start of the procedure, we apply an anaesthetic cream to numb the injection site.
We then draw a small amount of blood from your arm, just like when you have a blood test.
The blood is placed into a centrifuge, which separates out the red blood cells and growth factors that we re-inject into your penis.
Is the treatment painful?
The P-Shot is not painful.
We always use a numbing cream to minimise the possibility of any discomfort from the injection.
How long does the treatment session take?
The procedure for processing the blood and re-injecting the growth factors takes about 30 minutes.
Including time for the anaesthetic cream to take effect, the treatment session will last between 45 and 60 minutes.
Are there any side effects?
Because PRP treatment only involves injections of the patient’s own blood, there should not be any adverse reaction to the procedure and, as far as we know, none has ever been reported.
You can continue with your normal activities immediately after treatment, and resume sexual intercourse the same day.
How many treatments will I need?
You will start to see the benefits of the P-Shot after the first treatment
For erectile dysfunction, you may need a second treatment after 6 months. For Peyronie’s Disease, we recommend 3 treatments, 2 to 3 months apart.
However, if you are considering further PRP treatment, please contact us and we can talk about how to make sure we provide the most suitable treatment plan for you.
How long before the treatments start working?
We can never guarantee that the treatment works the same for everyone, but normally you should get the full benefits from the P-Shot® after 6 to 8 weeks.
However, there are different factors that can affect this, and we will discuss these with you during your consultation for the treatment.
How long do the results last?
For most men, the results of the treatment will last up to a year.
For erectile dysfunction, you may need a second treatment after 6 months and results then usually last up to 2 years.
Sexual rejuvenation and enhancement
The O-Shot® (or Orgasm Shot) for women and the P-Shot® (or Priapus Shot) for men
At Skin Excellence clinics, we understand that it can be uncomfortable and embarrassing for people to talk about concerns relating to sexual performance or dysfunction. And maybe even more difficult for anyone who is self-conscious about the appearance or functioning of their genitalia.
For both women and men, these concerns can have a profound and adverse impact on sexual intimacy and relationships.
The O-Shot® is effective for:
- vaginal and clitoral rejuvenation
- sexual dysfunction
- urinary incontinence
- increased sensation and pleasure
The P-Shot® is effective for:
- improving penis size and shape
- increased sensation and pleasure
- enhancing sexual performance
- treating erectile dysfunction
- treating Peyronie’s disease
No. of treatments2 to 3, depending on condition
Procedure time45-60 minutes
Back to normalImmediately
Final Results6 to 8 weeks
Duration of results1 to 2 years
DISCLAIMER: We are all unique. This means that treatment plans, the results, down time and recovery following treatment will vary from patient to patient. The information we provide is based on the extensive experience we have gained from treating a wide variety of patients, both men and women of different ages and is based on an average treatment experience. For more accurate information about how the treatment experience would be for you, we suggest you make a CONSULTATION with Dr Strawford at one of our clinics.
Why choose Skin Excellence Clinics
What makes Skin Excellence Clinics so special and why should you choose to have your medical cosmetic treatment with us?
- The guiding principle of Skin Excellence Clinics has always been to deliver exceptional patient care: this was the focus in 2005 when Dr Strawford started in the field of medical aesthetics and has remained the ethos we have followed for the past 11 years.
- Dr Ian Strawford, founder of Skin Excellence Clinics will help you to find the right solution: but only if appropriate for your needs and expectations
- You will receive a free medical consultation, where you will be given plenty of time and space to consider all of your options, before deciding if treatment may be right for you.
- We source the best products through official UK Pharmacies: we do not risk the safety of our patients, the quality of our service or the results of your treatments.
- Whilst many people naturally assume that cosmetic treatments are all about beautification: we can help to reduce the psychological and emotional effects of scarring, acne, rosacea, excessive sweating, hair loss and skin lesions.