What happens during the treatment?
After a consultation with Dr Strawford, he applies the single use insulated needle to the treatment area which delivers the low frequency radio waves which cause the walls of the vein to stick together. This process is repeated along the length of the vein before moving on to other veins as required. The treatment is very quick and you will see effects immediately.
Will it cause any immediate swelling or redness?
There is no swelling or redness.
How long does the treatment take?
Treatment time will depend on how many veins you would like removed and how long they are. It is generally a very fast procedure. 30 minutes is a typical treatment session.
Is the treatment painful?
There is minimal discomfort with no need for anaesthetic.
How many treatments will I need?
Usually, only one treatment is needed, but larger veins may need a second treatment.
How long does the treatment last?
The effects from the treatment are permanent.
Are there any side effects?
There are no side effects to having Thermavein treatment.
How do I know if Thermavein is right for me?
Find out more by booking a consultation with one of our Team. We will be happy to assess your suitability for treatment and talk you through the process.
How much do Thermavein treatments cost?
Prices start from
Thermavein Treatment Video
No. of treatments1
Procedure timeVaries depending on the required result but usually up to 10 minutes.
Back to normalImmediately
Discomfort levelSome mild discomfort
Duration of resultsPermanent
DISCLAIMER: We are all unique. This means that treatment plans, the results, down time and recovery following treatment will vary from patient to patient. The information we provide is based on the extensive experience we have gained from treating a wide variety of patients, both men and women of different ages and is based on an average treatment experience. For more accurate information about how the treatment experience would be for you, we suggest you make a CONSULTATION with Dr Strawford at one of our clinics.
Why choose Skin Excellence Clinics
What makes Skin Excellence Clinics so special and why should you choose to have your medical cosmetic treatment with us?
- The guiding principle of Skin Excellence Clinics has always been to deliver exceptional patient care: this was the focus in 2005 when Dr Strawford started in the field of medical aesthetics and has remained the ethos we have followed for the past 11 years.
- Dr Ian Strawford, founder of Skin Excellence Clinics will help you to find the right solution: but only if appropriate for your needs and expectations
- You will receive a medical consultation, where you will be given plenty of time and space to consider all of your options, before deciding if treatment may be right for you.
- We source the best products through official UK Pharmacies: we do not risk the safety of our patients, the quality of our service or the results of your treatments.
- Whilst many people naturally assume that cosmetic treatments are all about beautification: we can help to reduce the psychological and emotional effects of scarring, acne, rosacea, excessive sweating, hair loss and skin lesions.